Bryanwood Therapy & Assessment Centre
Mental Health & Psychology Practice
Bryanwood Therapy & Assessment Centre is a practice consisting of a Psychiatrist, Clinical, Counselling, and Educational Psychologists.
We are located conveniently to cater to the greater Sandton metropol, including Bryanston, Morningside, Fourways, Douglasdale, Lonehill, Randburg and Sunninghill by being near the William Nicol off-ramp from the N1.
We offer a comprehensive range of psychological services, including counselling, psychotherapy, and psychological assessments. In addition our staff can offer these services in English, Afrikaans, Sotho, Tswana and Xhosa. The Bryanwood team works closely with respected Medical Doctors, Occupational Therapists, Teachers, Social Workers, the Parents/Loved ones and other organisations to provide a holistic service to each member of the community.
The treatments offered for children:
- Play therapy,
- Parental guidance for behavioural and emotional difficulties,
- Full Psycho-Educational assessments (intellectual ability, scholastic skills, school readiness, concessions & emotional functioning).
- Individual therapy
- Parental guidance
- Vocational Assessments & Counselling (Subject choice, Career guidance).
- Individual therapy,
- Premarital/couples/marriage counselling & therapy,
- Family therapy & Parental guidance,
- Psychological assessments.
Workshops by one of our therapists at your school or organisation can be arranged on any mental health topic upon request.
Lastly, Bryanwood’s highly trained therapists can treat:
- Emotional growth,
- Relationship/ Interpersonal difficulties,
- Grief & Bereavement,
- Trauma debriefing, counselling & therapy for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- Anxiety & Depression (Panic attacks, Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression &, Suicide),
- Anger & Stress management,
- Health Psychology, involving the management of chronic conditions such as Cancer, HIV/AIDS, fibromyalgia & lupus),
- Eating disorders,
- Substance abuse & addictions,
- Sexual identity,
- Sexual &/ physical abuse,
- Educational difficulties,
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD),
- Post-natal depression,
- Study skills
Our centre is open Monday to Friday from 7h00 until 19h00 and on Saturdays from 8h00 until 13h00. Booking is essential.