I am a registered Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Berea, Durban.
I see patients 16 years and older.
I have a special interest in Neuropsychology and my practice spans the following:
- Neuropsychological assessment for: traumatic brain injury and acquired injury, stroke, assessment for diagnostic certainty (Dementia, other cognitive concerns),
- Neuropsychological/Psychological management of medical illness (Cancer etc)
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Panic attacks
- Bereavement – individual and family
- Assessment for curatorship
The approach I use is eclectic, meaning that I treat each person as an individual and assess which therapy is most suitable to the individual and their presenting problem. Generally I use Cognitive Behaviour Therapy or Transactional Analysis but I think in terms of psychoanalytic principles. Whichever approach I use, I explain this to the patient so that they are comfortable with the process. I am also governed in my approach to patients by the Bio-Psycho-Social framework and this is possible with whatever therapy one uses. It is important to acknowledge the significance of patients as having body, mind and soul and being part of families and society as well.
One of the approaches I use if appropriate for the patient is Mindfulness and visualisation linked to relaxation. This works for trauma, pain management, stress-related dysfunction and medical conditions.
I deeply respect my patients and their particular needs, aiming to establish a safe environment where they can work with the discomfort they are experiencing.
Practice No: 0296589
HPCSA Reg: PS 0098892