I am a Clinical Psychologist based in Farrar Park, Boksburg. I offer psychotherapy to adults, adolescents and children (from infancy onwards).
My approach to therapy is integrative; where I draw on psychodynamic theories, mindfulness and other tools to suit your unique needs. Psychotherapy aims to provide a safe, non-judgmental and confidential space in which to explore your emotional experiences, your relationships and your goals. The process of therapy can assist in: gaining insight and increasing self-awareness, offering support through life changes and difficulties, managing distressing experiences or symptoms impacting on your relationships, work or school life, and finding ways of coping better and leading a more balanced life. Appointments are available outside of working hours and on Saturday mornings.
I have experience and interest in working in the following areas:
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Trauma and PTSD
- Parent-infant psychotherapy and Newborn Behavioural Observation (NBO) interventions
- Post-natal depression
- Play therapy for children
- Relationship difficulties
- Coping with major life stressors and changes
- Bereavement and loss
- Identity issues
- Managing chronic illness
- Personality difficulties
- Feelings of loneliness, emptiness and numbness
HPCSA Number: PS0122955