I am a clinical psychologist in private practice at the BonaDea Centre in Bryanston. I focus on providing a kind, thoughtful and non-judgemental space in my work with adults, adolescents and couples.
I believe we have the psychological resources to find relief from distress, overcome challenges and live fulfilled and meaningful lives. I also believe in the power of psychotherapy to create the conditions within which our inner resources can be accessed.
Sometimes we are unable to work through pain owing to beliefs, thoughts and conflicts that are unconscious and automatic. Therapy allows us to identify and change habitual psychological barriers that compel us to the same behavioural and relational patterns.
The benefits of this process include the cultivation of a healthy and peaceful mind, loving relationships, fulfilling and prosperous work, and the freedom to enjoy life.
I work primarily from a cognitive-behavioural and psychodynamic perspective, face to face and via Skype.
Some of the issues and mental health concerns I work with include:
- Psychiatric conditions (depression, bipolar, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, phobias, panic attacks, schizophrenia, personality disorders, dissociative disorders)
- Addictions (drugs, alcohol, eating, gambling)
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Trauma and abuse
- Issues around sex and sexuality
- Interpersonal difficulties (relational, marital, occupational),
- Bereavement and coping with loss
- Coping with life transitions (death, separation, divorce)
- Stress and Burnout
- Self-esteem and self-worth
- Behavioural problems
- Practice Number: 0860010622036
- HPCSA Number: PS0123854