For me there is no greater joy in life than being able to be help someone heal their pain, overcome their fears, let go of their anger, love themselves, believe in themselves as well as help them find, and navigate, the path on which they can manifest their dreams and their greatness. This is why I chose psychology.
My approach is client orientated, integrative and has a holistic focus. This means I utilise knowledge, tools and techniques from multiple psychotherapeutic approaches in order to understand the cause and perpetuation of your difficulties so that I may effectively help you work through and overcome your problems. My holistic focus emphasises balancing your physical, emotional, psychological and relational well-being so that you can learn to manage all aspects of your life. My aim as a psychologist is not only to help you, but to give you the tools and insights you need to notice problems arise before they get too big and fix them yourself before you need help again.
Specialities / Interests
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma and Major Life Changes
- Addiction and Addictive Behaviours
- Relationship Difficulties
- Personality Disorders
- Child Therapy and Parental guidance
- Life and Performance Coaching.
Psychotherapy is not a 'one size fits all' treatment. Different diagnoses and personality styles may fit better with different therapeutic approaches. Below you will find a list of the main approaches that I draw from in order to create a treatment specifically suited to your needs and to you as a person.
- Person-Centred psychotherapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Systems Therapy (Couples Therapy and Family Mediation)
Practice Number: 9990860010781444
HPCSA Number: PS0137480