I provide psychotherapy to adult individuals. Depending on the client and their particular needs, therapy is offered on both long term and short term basis. I work flexible hours (time-slots available after hours and Saturdays), and try to accommodate clients so that they can invest in their psychological well-being without it adding unnecessary extra pressure in juggling their daily duties and responsibilities. My practice is situated in Fellside, and clients can expect to be welcomed into a quiet, homely atmosphere.
I pay particular attention to how clients perceive and describe their world, and how this may affect their emotional health, their behaviour and physical body. I believe that we all learn to employ adaptive measures during childhood to help us cope with the difficulties of growing up. However, in the process of maturation, some of our adaptive measures become outdated, and they do not serve us effectively any longer. It is at this point that difficulties become more pronounced, and when one would seek consultation with a professional to build more adaptive ways of coping (or seeking more balance in one’s life). Through regular and consistent psychotherapy sessions, the aim is to assist clients in getting to know themselves better, becoming aware of the choices they make, and aligning with their true, authentic selves.
My areas of special interest and specialisation include:
- body-mind connection (e.g. symptoms that do not respond well to medical intervention)
- sexual difficulties and disorders
- personality disorders
- trauma (both current and past unresolved trauma)
- life cycle adjustments
- identity issues
- bereavement and dealing with loss
- current manifestation (i.e. through relationships) and interference in daily functioning of past unresolved childhood difficulties
- relationship difficulties
- conflict, assertiveness and self-esteem issues
- Difficulties particular to males
HPCSA: PS 011 7102
Practice number: 0486914