As a clinical psychologist in Gardens, Cape Town, my approach to therapy is collaborative and oriented to developing mindful insight and self-awareness. Within a safe and comfortable setting, I integrate elements from different therapeutic modalities to best suit the unique needs of the person in front of me.
Depending on the nature of the problem, therapy may proceed within a short, medium or long-term model. When necessary, I work closely with other health-care professionals to ensure that my clients receive comprehensive and holistic care. I offer sessions for individuals as well as couples.
Sessions are charged within medical aid rates.
Some of the issues I work with:
- Low mood: mild, moderate and severe depression. Fluctuating moods and energy levels
- Anxiety: difficulty making decisions, panic attacks, performance anxiety, obsessive thoughts and behaviours
- Relationship problems (spouse, family or friends): conflict, beginnings and endings
- Grief and bereavement: working with and through loss
- Eating disorders: over or under-eating, binge eating, distressing thoughts about food/weight
- Personal growth: generally feeling stuck, looking to gain self-understanding
Practice Number: 0492582
HPCSA Number: PS0117005