I am a clinical psychologist in private practice in Morningside, Durban. I provide psychological assessment and psychotherapy to adults, couples and adolescents for a wide range of difficulties which include:
- Depression & Self harm
- Anxiety (including Generalised, PTSD, panic disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, fears and phobias)
- Trauma - Recovering from an act of violence or other traumatic event (longstanding or recent)
- Physical and emotional abuse
- Adult survivors of childhood trauma (with the focus on the healing of the painful experiences)
- Adult survivors of addict / alcoholic parents
- Adult ADHD
- Substance abuse
- Personal growth and development (incl. loss of purpose & meaning in life)
- Self-Esteem / Self-Worth / Assertiveness
- Adjustment to life changes (life stages, divorce, retirement, relocation)
- Stress management & burnout
- Anger Management
- Interpersonal relationship difficulties (in personal, family, work environments)
- Individuals and families who are finding it difficult to cope where a parent, child or sibling suffers from psychological difficulties or psychiatric illness.
- Coping with chronic illness & disability (self and caregiver)
- HIV pre and post-test counselling and related issues
- Bereavement & Loss (death, miscarriage, infertility)
My work focuses on assisting my clients to find meaning in their challenges and experiences and to be empowered to live their lives in a fulfilling and meaningful way. My goal is to assist my clients to improve their understanding of themselves and how they relate to people and the world around them. To assist this therapeutic process I work in a case specific manner drawing from a number of different therapeutic models to address my client’s specific needs and presenting problem.
I believe that we all have the unlimited wisdom and knowledge to create the life we envision and to reach our full potential. To achieve this we must learn how to live in gentleness, acceptance and peace within ourselves so that healing and change can begin to take place. To achieve this, my aim through psychotherapy, is to assist a person to gain insights into their emotions, their behaviour, relationships and past experience to assist the process of understanding and accepting themselves and facilitating change and growth.
HPCSA Reg: PS 0123552
Practice No: 0571288