I believe that there is no “one right way” of healing or living. All the dimensions that make up “ourselves” - the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, religious, sexual, social, occupational and financial, must be taken into account and understood as they all interweave and shape us in unique and dynamic ways. I in turn believe that psychotherapy provides a unique opportunity to understand, heal and empower ourselves within the context a quiet, safe, empathetic and honest space.
I work from a Psychodynamic framework (understanding the unconscious and conscious factors that make-up our thoughts, feeling and behaviour, and exploring how earlier life experiences influence and play out in our present life situations and relationships). I have an interest in the role of mindfulness and other health-care and healing modalities.
I offer the following services:
- Individual adult (18 years and older) psychodynamic psychotherapy
- This can be brief (3-6 months) or longer-term (6 months onwards)
I work with a wide spectrum of mental health concerns ranging from managing everyday stress and anxiety to more serious psychological difficulties.
My areas of work include:
- Stress management
- Relationship and interpersonal difficulties
- Work/career issues
- Personal growth/development
- General life transitions and life crises
- Acute and chronic illness
- Terminal illness, death and bereavement
For further information or to set up an appointment, please visit my website www.gabilevine.co.za or feel free to contact me.
Practice No.: 0158917
HPSCA No.: PS0082864