Sometimes one finds that there are some experiences in one's life that if left unprocessed weigh heavily on you and hinder your capacity to be at your best. Psychotherapy offers you the space to unpack those experiences, look at them afresh and in so doing perhaps there could be room for a shift, new insights and thus a different perspective of self and others. The therapeutic journey is never quick, easy or painless but it is one worth considering.
I completed my undergraduate degrees at Wits University and my Masters in Community Counselling and Clinical Psychology at the University of Stellenbosch. My internship was at Fort Napier Hospital and my community service year, at the Khayelitsha District Hospital.
As a clinical psychologist in Century City, I provide psychological services to children, adolescents and adults. I practice in different modalities given the presenting concern and the scope of the intervention. I am au fait with short and long-term psychotherapy namely Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Solutions Focused Brief Psychotherapy (SFBT), Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Family Therapy.
I offer the following psychological services in my Century City practice:
- treating anxiety
- help with anger management
- working with mood disorders (bipolar, depression)
- working through eating disorders
- understanding personality disorder
- working through loss – death, divorce
- understanding interpersonal difficulties
- working with couples’ and marital concerns
- working with adult survivors of childhood trauma
- facilitating greater self-reflection and self-development
- family interventions where there is a child /adolescent presenting with disruptive behavior
- working through change – support following significant changes in one’s life
I provide workshops to organizations on all matters pertaining to mental health. I also present psycho-educational workshops on depression, anxiety, parenting skills, understanding disruptive behavior in children and suicide in schools and organizations that deal with the safety and care of children and adolescents.
HPCSA registration number: PS0119849