I am a Clinical Psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF) working in private practice. My practice is centrally located in Parkwood, Johannesburg.
I completed my internship within the Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Ward at Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital and the Pediatric Psychiatric Ward (Ward 80) at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. My community service year was completed at Rahima Moosa Mother & Child Hospital in the Outpatient Child Psychology/Psychiatry Department.
Having been employed within the public and private sector in the United States and South Africa, I have experience in working with individuals from diverse populations and backgrounds, with a wide variety of concerns. My therapeutic style is informed by dynamic psychotherapy and I focus on providing a safe, supportive and non-judgemental space to explore the individual’s unique experiences and needs.
I offer short and long term therapy for children, adolescents and adults to facilitate healing, self-awareness, and resilience with regard to the stressors of everyday life challenges as well as acute and chronic mental illness.
Areas of Interest
- Adjusting to significant events and changes (work, marriage, parenting, loss, trauma etc.)
- Anxiety / Panic / Phobias / OCD
- Attachment patterns and problems
- Behavioural difficulties (anger, aggression, impulsivity, conduct disorder, oppositional and defiant behaviour)
- Bereavement / Grief / Loss
- Bipolar / Depression / Post Natal Depression
- Burnout / Stress Management / Coping Skills
- Disability and Illness
- Family and/or Relationship difficulties
- LGBTIQA+ affirmative support
- Personality disorders/traits (e.g. self-harm, suicidal behaviour, substance use, identity difficulties)
- Self-exploration and personal development
- Self-Esteem / Self-Worth / Self-Confidence
- Trauma Debriefing (Loss, miscarriage, domestic violence, sexual, physical and emotional abuse, rape, assault, hijacking, accidents, childhood trauma)
- I have a special interest in working with Somatic and Conversion disorders (physical problems with a strong emotional component) E.g. seizures, auto-immune diseases, asthma, chest pain, psoriasis, eczema and stomach ulcers)
- Short and long term individual psychotherapy
- Play therapy for children (5 to 13)
- Support groups (DBT, trauma, grieving, parenting etc.)
- Psychological assessments
- Parent and family guidance/counselling
- Psychological evaluation and assessment of organ transplant candidates
- Corporate wellness interventions
- Psycho-educational talks/presentations
Please feel free to contact me or visit my website for further details about what services I offer or to book an appointment.
Parkwood Medical Centre, 46 Ashford Rd, Parkwood.
- Tuesday-Thursday: 8am to 6pm
- Or by special arrangement
Practice No: 0763667
HPCSA No: PS 0136921