I am a registered Clinical Psychologist and I have been in private practice since 2016. I am living my passion working in both Afrikaans and English with adults in relationship- and individual therapy. I have a special interest in relationship therapy, and I am LGBTQIA+ allied. I strive to help enhance and support healthier, connected relationships with open and direct communication.
I feel honoured to be invited by my clients to travel on their therapeutic journeys with them and to do so holistically, I make use of an integrative approach to ensure that the therapy suits my client’s needs and make use of various therapeutic modalities in my work.
I also focus on the following areas:
- Relationship Therapy
- Sex Therapy
- Anxiety and Panic
- Acute stress and Trauma (PTSD)
- Anger Management
- Burnout and Stress Management
- Self-esteem and Identity difficulties
- Self-development and growth
- Work related relational difficulties
- Bereavement and loss due to death, divorce or separation
Everyone experiences challenges, simply as a part of life. The issue isn’t to try and avoid or run away from challenges, but to find a healthy way to deal with it, without adding to your stress.
I aim to increase your understanding about your particular challenges. The core skill is to shift mental gears intentionally. We don’t attempt to change unhelpful thoughts into more helpful ones, we rather encourage the insight that focusing repeatedly on negative thoughts and how to change them can accentuate and highlight them, possibly deepening them rather than alleviating them.
Through increased mindfulness training, you become more aware, moment by moment, of physical sensations and of thoughts and feelings as merely experiences rather than absolute truths. This insight helps you to become less convinced and stressed by your negative thoughts, and allows you to notice much earlier on when you’re moving towards states of depression and anxiety. You slowly but surely understand that you aren’t your thoughts.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Registered with the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF)
- Member of the Council of the Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
- Member of the Southern African Sexual Health Association (SASHA)
- Member of the African Society for Sexual Medicine (ASSM)
Practice number: PR 0618160
HPCSA No: PS0126667