I’m a clinical psychologist in Rosebank, working with adults, older adolescents and couples.
Our responses to the COVID-19 pandemic
This period of lockdown is extremely challenging to our humanity. We will all be trying to keep busy, stay connected and hopeful, and keep love and meaning alive in our isolation. We might also be especially vulnerable to dread, fear and loneliness and need to keep looking for creative ways to survive and self-soothe.
During this time, I am offering online sessions via Skype, zoom, Whatsapp or phone calls. It’s not the same as face-to-face psychotherapy, but can still offer a safe space to talk, think and feel.
Areas of special interest are:
- struggles with self-worth
- stuck or destructive patterns in relationships
- sexuality and gender identity issues
- coping with trauma
- experiences of racism, sexism, homophobia and other forms of social oppression
- debilitating anxiety, including OCD, phobias and panic attacks
- living through climate change
- depression, low energy, lost motivation or blocked creativity
- coping with parenting, divorce and mid-life issues
- distress around body image and food.
Human suffering is profoundly complex. Painful experiences of doubt, sadness, shame, rage and fear often can’t be alleviated by logic or reassurances. Psychotherapy is one avenue for understanding and relieving psychological pain.
Psychotherapy can’t fix the past or control the future but it can offer a unique experience of self-discovery in the company of another person. Through psychotherapy, we can learn unexpected things about ourselves, gain relief from unbearable worries, make space to process painful feelings, and find renewed hope, courage and strength.
For couples, psychotherapy can offer a safe space to express difficult feelings, take a step back from intense conflict and unpack it respectfully, and build new ways of relating.
Membership of professional bodies:
- Health Professions Council of South Africa
- Cape Town Psychoanalytic Self Psychology Group
- South African Psychoanalytic Confederation
I offer weekly or twice weekly sessions on weekdays and charge medical aid rates.
Practice number: 086 001 8644667
HPCSA registration number: PS0066052