I am an independent, board certified clinical psychologist registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and the Board of Health Care Funders (BHF). I work therapeutically with adults and adolescents, individuals as well as couples offering long and short term psychotherapy.
I aim to provide a warm, non-judgmental and supportive space within which to help people understand themselves and their life experiences. I strive to help my clients deal more effectively with their life challenges. My therapeutic approach has been shaped by my experience working in private practice and a number of public hospitals and community clinics. I have enjoyed working with clients from diverse backgrounds, with varying psychological needs.
- Adult Individual Psychotherapy
- Adolescent Individual Psychotherapy
- Couples Psychotherapy
- Clinical Supervision
My treatment approach is always guided by my client's needs. I primarily practice psychodynamic psychotherapy. This treatment approach means that I like to work on a deeper level with my clients. This entails forming a trusting and containing therapeutic relationship for the client to explore themselves and their life experiences. Working through these life experiences with a psychologist hopes to bring about healing and growth within the client.
- Psychiatric Conditions
- Problems with anger
- Self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Coping with life transitions
- Trauma and abuse
- LGBTIQA+ mental health issues; LGBTIQA+ affirmative practitioner
- Relationship difficulties
- Problems with self-esteem and self-confidence
- Coping with loss, chronic illness and disability
- Self-exploration and personal growth.
HPCSA no: PS0120766
Practice no: 0579122