I am a Psychotherapist specialising in brief and longer term dynamic psychotherapy.
I work with adults, couples, parents and mature adolescents.
I provide after-hour and Saturday sessions.
I work both in English and Afrikaans.
WHAT I OFFER
If you are struggling with some aspect of yourself, relationships, or life, you will be able to benefit from psychotherapy.
I also assist and do therapy with people who have been diagnosed with serious psychiatric conditions.
For parents I offer a preventative intervention where we specifically look at your relationship and interaction with your child. This will assist you in creating and maintaining a healthy and positive relationship with your young, and future adult, child.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
If you decide to commit to therapy, I am equally committed in assisting you to attain your goals. In addition to these, you are likely to benefit from:
- increased emotional responsiveness;
- improved functioning, bringing you closer to your full potential; and
- a better general experience of life.
This requires hard work and continued effort, from both you and myself. I do however find that clients feel accommodated and understood by me.
If either of us feel that we are not making progress, I will gladly assist you with a referral to another therapist.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF EXPERTISE / INTEREST
- Personality problems / disorders, Identity problems
- Trauma: acute trauma, post-traumatic stress, complex trauma
- Psychiatric conditions: bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia, depression
- Somatic complaints: irritable bowel syndrome, headaches, stress-related symptoms
- Existential: despair, hopelessness, death, purpose & meaning
- Psychological conditions: self-esteem, self-worth, feelings of disconnection / dissociation, aggression, destructive behavioural patterns, unresolved painful experiences, emotional intimacy, personal development and growth, sexual abuse and the long term effects of sexual trauma, anxiety and panic attacks
HPCSA registration number: PS 0101591
Practice number: PR 0860000337250