I am a registered, black female clinical psychologist who is based in Morningside, Sandton. I offer psychotherapy for adults and adolescents. I offer short and long-term psychotherapy.
The current time we live in can be very stressful and sometimes one isn’t even aware of the emotional stress they might be experiencing. What I appreciate about psychotherapy is that it offers a safe, empathic and non-judgemental space to deal with internal issues and/or external life stressors.
As a psychotherapist I offer an empathic space for one to gain the courage to start facing some difficult life issues in pursuit of relieving distress and/or finding healing. Sometimes attempting to process painful emotions or deal with a trauma can be daunting when facing it alone. With the guidance of a therapist; one can successfully work towards healing, personal growth and developing more healthy relationships.
Why may one consider seeing a psychologist?
- Some individuals have serious psychiatric conditions such; as clinical depression, anxiety, bipolar or addiction etc,. These individuals require a consistent and safe space for treatment, healing and to develop insight into the factors which may exacerbate these conditions.
- Some individuals may be facing a stressful life event such as; death of a loved one, birth of a child, car accident, divorce or breakup, etc.,
- Sometimes couples can experience turbulence in their relationship where there is a failure to resolve conflict or there’s a breakdown of communication.
- Some individuals may be experiencing work or family life as being particularly overwhelming or feeling less fulfilled in general.
- And some individuals may have the desire to understand themselves more and develop self awareness in order to lead a more meaningful life.
Practice No: 0791563
HPCSA No: PS 0137359