I believe people can live emotionally healthier and happier lives. The way I believe this can be achieved in my clients, is by:
- Preventing the development of mental health problems through the identification and cultivation of clients' existing skills;
- Developing, encouraging and supporting clients' emotional growth and holistic wellness, and
- Offering remedial work to support clients struggling with psychological, developmental, adjustment and career issues.
To achieve the above, I provide individual short- and long term psychotherapy, custom-designed workshops and assessments.
A. Individual psychotherapy: Although I work with individuals of all ages, I have a special interest in helping women and adolescent girls (12 years and over) deal with:
- Relational difficulties, including emotional abuse and loss/grief;
- Post-abortion emotional difficulties;
- Adjustment difficulties such as relocation and divorce;
- Life changes and life stage transitions such as new personal and professional roles;
- Self-esteem, body image and identity issues;
- Emotional self-care;
- Self-development and personal growth.
In addition to this, I have experience in assisting clients who struggle with anxiety/depression, bereavement, anger and stress management, trauma and PTSD and career-related difficulties, such as career choice, career change and development.
B. Workshops: I design and facilitate personalised, tailor-made workshops relating to professional and/or personal development, such as assertiveness, self-understanding and personal growth.
C. Assessments: I select, administer and interpret psychometric assessments such as:
- IQ assessments;
- Assessments for learning disabilities;
- Developmental delays;
- Career choice and career development; and
- Personality assessments.
My approach is integrative (using a variety of therapeutic perspectives), and is determined by the unique needs and therapeutic goals identified by the client.
My focus is on establishing an open, accepting and non-judgmental relational connection with the client, based on mutual respect, sound professional and ethical principles.
HPCSA number: PS0128147
Practice number: 0588792