Professional help for life’s challenges
I have extensive experience as a personal individual therapist, marriage/couple counsellor, family mediator and group facilitator. Along the way I have worked in a family counselling agency, trained as a Life Coach, and been accredited as a Group Analyst.
My private clinical practice reflects my special interests:
- Relational Issues: individual, couple and marriage therapy;
- Personal Growth & Development: self-esteem, EQ, group therapy;
- Healing and Recovery: from trauma, loss or grief;
- Living with chronic health conditions including fertility treatment; HIV;
- Navigating life change transitions: divorce, retirement, relocation;
- Managing work/life balance: executive and employee wellness;
My therapy approach is psychodynamic, combining an interest in underlying meanings and patterns which contribute to conflict or distress, with an emphasis on identifying strengths, options and resources. My clients and I work towards recovery, emotional wellbeing, lasting change and more mindful life choices.
Therapy may be brief or long-term. I can offer Skype counselling in some circumstances. A weekly after-hours therapy group offers affordability and the healing and skill-building power of the group-as-therapist.
Wendywood is near Sandton’s CBD and convenient for Johannesburg’s northern areas. My hours are weekdays 08.00 to 19.00 and Saturdays. I have a BHF practice number for medical aid refund claims.
You are warmly invited to contact me to discuss your individual needs and options.
What separates social work from other helping professions is its focus on the person-in-environment model and its emphasis on social justice. Social workers not only consider individuals’ internal struggles, as a counselor might, they also work with people to examine their relationships, family structure, community environment, and the systems and policies that impact them in order to identify ways to help address challenges. NASW “Guide to Social Work”
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- SACSSP (SA Council for Social Service Practitioners);
- SAASWIPP (SA Association of Social Workers in Private Practice)
- SAPC (SA Psychoanalytic Confederation)
- UGAS (Ububele Group Analytic Seminars)
Practice Number: 8903425
SACSSP No: 10-13261