I am a registered Educational Psychologist/Psychotherapist with a background in psychoanalytic psychotherapy. I have an additional master’s degree in Infant Mental Health. For the past 27 years I have been working in Cape Town in private practice.
I deal with all issues relating to babies and toddlers between the ages of 0 to 3 years. This can range from general parenting advice (such as that related to potty training or weaning) to help with more serious issues such eating problems or excessive crying.
A lot of my work includes parent-infant psychotherapy which is a supportive, gentle and non-threatening form of therapy. Parents usually experience the therapy setting as a “safe haven” in which they and their babies/toddlers can relax in a non-judgemental space, and the parent is included in the therapy process. This work is usually short term (from between six to twelve sessions).
I work with mothers and/or fathers who are suffering from postnatal depression. Sometimes I request that the baby be present in the sessions so that the attachment bond can be developed or nurtured in order to keep the baby’s emotional development on track.
I support individuals and couples who are going through fertility treatment and also enjoy helping parents with adopted babies or toddlers
I charge medical aid rates.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the Cape Town Psychoanalytic Self Psychology Group which is affiliated to the South African Psychoanalytic Confederation.
- Founding member of the Cape Town Child Psychoanalytic Group.
- Member of the Western Cape Association for Infant Mental Health.
- Member of the Cape Town Infant Mental Health Forum.
- Member of the World Association for Infant Mental Health
Practice Number: 8621233
HPCSA Registration Number: PS 0033251