Dr. Sherin Bickrum studied Psychotherapy at the University of California Santa Barbara and practising since 1990. Registered with the HPCSA as Counselling Psychologist.
The focus is on:
Psychotherapy with Individuals, Couples, Groups, Adolescents and Children as well as Psychotherapy Skills training of individuals and groups. CPD Accredited for Play Therapy and, Trauma and Counselling Skills.
- Therapy for Psychological conditions that impact on individual coping and psychosocial functioning (e.g. Personality Disorder and Disorders related to Mood, Anxiety, Eating, Sleep, Impulse Control, Dependency, Neuroses, Compulsive Behaviours, Gender and Identity Issues, etc.)
- Therapy for management of Trauma and PTSD, Adjustment and Stress, Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Resilience, Psychiatric emergencies e.g. Suicide and other diverse psychological dysfunctions.
- Psychological, Neuropsychological and Forensic Assessments
- Primary modalities include Gestalt; Rogerian, Systems approaches, NLP, DBT, CBT and Play therapy.
- Certified Hypnotherapist (Advanced); EARTh trained in Hypnotherapy Regression
- Ph.D (Psychology, University- Kwa Zulu-Natal,S.A.)
- M.Sc.(Research Psychology, University- Kwa Zulu-Natal, S.A.)
- M.A. (Counselling Psychology, Univ. of California-SB, U.S.A)
- MFCC (Marriage, Family and Child Therapy -Certificate,Univ. of California-SB, U.S.A)
- Hons. B.Sc.(Psychology, University- Kwa Zulu-Natal,S.A)
- B.Sc. (Majors: Physiology & Psychology, University- Kwa Zulu-Natal,S.A)
- Registered with the Health Professions Council –SA; BHF
Practice Number (PR 8625182).
HPCSA Number (PS 003529).