Making that first appointment may seem daunting or frightening. However, many of my clients express huge relief once in their first session at being able to share their issues in a safe, confidential environment.
I am a Professional Registered Psychiatric Nurse Therapist with an additional BA (Honours) in Psychology currently studying a Masters in Infant Mental Health (MPhil Stellenbosch).
My Passion is around the Perinatal time. This means a wide variety of issues around:
- Conception (or failed conception/infertility),
- Pregnancy (or loss of pregnancy),
- Postnatal issues after the baby is born (including loss)
Postnatal issues can range from sleeping or feeding difficulties to difficulties adjusting to the role of parenting.
My other special areas of interest are:
- Assisting parents with tools to deal with their children’s challenging behaviour (eg ADHD);
- Adolescent Counselling;
- Bereavement /Grief counselling.
I work within a Psychodynamic theoretical framework and adapt my treatment methods to the individual needs presented by each individual client.
SANC (South African Nursing Council) Registration number: 13524921