I started my professional career more than 30 years ago, qualifying in the fields of nursing, social work and psychology. I have worked as a psychologist since 1994 when I obtained my qualification as an educational psychologist at Wits University. I later spent 10 years in the UK, where I obtained an additional qualification in clinical psychology at Canterbury University. My approach is predominantly psychodynamic but systemic, cognitive and behavioural therapies are integrated according to individual need.
- Assessment and therapy for children with learning, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
- Individual psychotherapy for adults for a variety of difficulties, including anxiety, stress, trauma, grief and depression.
- Couple and family therapy for relationship difficulties including divorce and custody concerns.
- I have a special interest in working with older adults adjusting to life changes associated with ageing.
- Supervision and guidance for psychology students
I believe in the ability of people to be empowered and to take control of their own lives, with an awareness that this is not always an easy path to travel alone.
- Fees are in line with medical aid rates and can be claimed back.
- Saturday appointments are available.
Practice no: 8633487