Clients often arrive at my door distressed and despairing about themselves and their lives. Calling a therapist can be difficult and you may have lots of questions. What can you expect? How can seeing a counsellor help? What approach will she take to my problem?
From the first session, you will enter a respectful, nonjudgmental and confidential space. This therapeutic space is dedicated to your personal growth and healing. Your emotional and psychological well-being are my primary concern.
I provide no ‘advice’, ‘homework’ tasks, home visits or perfect solutions. Instead I offer you an experience of freely speaking your thoughts and of being heard and understood. Out of speaking and listening together, a vital new perspective often emerges from which painful personal problems can be seen in a different light. This offers fresh hope and encouragement.
I offer individual therapy for adults who are:
- Depressed, tearful and can’t sleep or concentrate;
- Anxious, panicky, sweaty or short of breath;
- Struggling with relationship breakdown and the partner’s loss of interest or ‘affair’;
- Adult survivors of child sexual abuse;
- Recently bereaved and struggling with the loss of someone close;
- Recently divorced and coping with separation and finding a new identity;
- Facing mid-life transitions including the “empty nest” and retirement.
Membership of Professional Organisations
- SA Psychoanalytic Initiative (SAPI)
- SA Psychoanalytic Confederation (SAPC)
- SA Centre for Group Analytic Studies (CGAS)
- SA Association of Social Workers in Private Practice (SAASWIPP)
- SA Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- The Ethics Institute of South Africa (EthicsSA)
If you are looking for a caring and dedicated therapist in Rondebosch, you are welcome to contact me to discuss any concerns in a safe and confidential setting. To find out more about my approach to therapy, please visit my website http://drmelaniesilove.weebly.com
SA Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
Reg. No.10- 0765