I am a Registered Counsellor in Boksburg (situated in the Dawn Park Medical Centre). I work in a Private Practice, and am registered with the HPCSA as a Psychological Counsellor and Psychometrist. I provide psychological counselling for clients to express themselves, be heard and understood in a safe, nurturing and confidential environment, thereby enhancing their optimal functioning. Psychological counselling approaches used are based on the client’s individual issues.
I have a B.A Degree (University of Limpopo), BSc Hons Psychology (MEDUNSA), B.Psyc Equivalence (UNISA) and H.E.D (University of Limpopo). I have been trained in Trauma Debriefing, HIV/AIDS, Organisational Diagnosis and Development, Career Guidance.
I am registered with the HPCSA as a Registered Counsellor and Psychometrist in Boksburg, Independent Practice, and with the Board of Health Care Funders for Private Practice and SACE
I have worked for 14 years as a Registerd Counsellor and Psychometrist in the private hospital and govermment sector, providing psychological counselling and psychometric assessments, crisis intervention, trauma debriefing and counselling, HIV/AIDS counseling, bereavement counselling, employee wellness and organisational diagnosis and development.
- Trauma debriefing and counselling for vehicle accidents, murder, robbery, hijacking, rape, physical assault, house breaking, domestic violence
- Bereavement/Grief counselling
- HIV/AIDS & other chronic conditions counselling
- Stress/ Anxiety management
- Family/ Relationship problems
- Substance dependency
- Employee wellness programmes
- Crisis intervention
- Adjustment problems
- Psychometric testing for behavioral-emotional, cognitive , learning difficulties, IQ, subjects/career choice, school readiness and other psychological screening
- Psycho- education
- Any other problems experienced
Areas of special interest:
- Trauma counselling
- Bereavement counselling
- HIV/ AIDS and other chronic illnesses
Fees are charged according to medical aid rates. We also accept cash payments.
To make an appointment, please use the above contact details. (If I am not available on my cellphone, please leave a text message.)
Practice No.:0582026/ 0582212
HPCSA No.: PRC0010162/ PMT0070173