My approach is gentle, open and compassionate, and I adapt to the client’s needs and use an approach which serves the emotional well-being of my clients as they negotiate a crisis or cope with life changes. I join with my client as they negotiate the speed bumps of their lives and journey towards transformation and healing, guided by the ethical rules and guidelines of the psychology profession.
With a lifetime of experience behind me, I am also able to offer guidance in the areas of individual growth and change, parenting, marriage enrichment, coping with divorce and trauma and negotiating issues with the family environment.
Registrations & Qualifications
- BA Majoring in Psychology and International Relations (University of the Witwatersrand).
- Hons. BA Psychology (Unisa).
- B Psych internship at Family Life Centre (FAMSA) in Parkwood.
- Registered with the Health Professions' Council of South Africa and the SA Board of Healthcare Funders.
- Member of the Medical Protection Society.
- Member of the Psychological Society of South Africa (PYSSA).
- Extensive experience in all types of counselling both at Family Life Centre and Martindale Counselling Centre.
- Trained as a Divorce Mediator with Family Life Centre. Currently working as a pro bono mediator at FLC Mediation Centre.
- Member of SAAM (South African Association of Mediators).
- Member of the Victim Support Unit at Linden SAPS .
Areas for psychological counselling services in Johannesburg Northern Suburbs:
Sandton, Bryanston, Hyde Park, Linden, Blairgowrie, Bordeaux, Ferndale, Randburg, Craighall, Hurlingham, Parktown North, Parkhurst, Rosebank, Northcliff, Blackheath, Cresta and adjacent areas.
HPCSA Reg. Nr. 0016977
Practice Nr. 0460125