I have an MA degree in social work and more than 20 years of experience in working with individuals, couples and families. In my work I focus on helping people to understand and feel comfortable with their emotions, to develop inner resources and to repair and build relationships with significant others. My work is primarily informed by psychodynamic and attachment theory perspectives.
I have a special interest in couple therapy.
- I help couples to reduce distress in their relationships and to create more secure and satisfying attachment bonds with each other
- I also help divorcing couples to uncouple effectively and to negotiate the myriad of losses and adjustments associated with divorce.
- I am a trained parenting plan mediator
I offer long term and short term individual psychotherapy to adults and adolescents to deal with the following issues:
- Anxiety, depression or burn out
- Difficulties in intimate relationships and parenting
- Grief, bereavement and loss
- Life stage issues including mid-life personal and professional adjustments
Membership of professional associations
- International Centre of Excellence in Emotionally Focused therapy for Couples
- GRASP (Group for the Reading and Study of Psychoanalysis)
- SA Association of Social Workers in Private Practice: 707261
- SA Council for Social Service Professionals: 10-11662
Practice Number: 8908362
SACSSP Registration: 10-11662
SAASWIPP Registration: 707261